Monday, September 05, 2005

A Message From the Queen

It gets worse and worse. I cannot imagine how you
and other people with ties to New Orleans must feel.
While I was away from the computer and tv news
coverage, I kept thinking that I was probably wrong
and selective in my reading and interpretation of the news,
and overreacting in a knee-jerk liberal way.

It's disheartening to find out that I'm not.
I'm sending along some links I've assembled tonight
- not my regular ones, NOLA ones - in case you
missed them and might want to put them on
Queenie's Daughter.

PDF of Governor Blanco's letter of August 28 to Bush, requesting that he "declare an expedited major disaster for the State of Louisiana...beginning on August 28, 2005 and continuing."

"The Rest of the Goddamn Nation" 02 September 2005.

Crooks and Liars has links to video of Landrieu and Brossard interviews.

When the outside world knew the levee had been breached
Listen - I watched with my OWN EYES CNN on Monday night/Tuesday morning at 2:00 AM EDT as they spoke to a director at Tulane Hospital, who reported she had been told by the NOPD that a levee had burst and that the hospital was surrounded by six feet of water. She also reported at the time the water was rising by an inch every five minutes.

In fact, here it is, posted at another board, recorded for posterity - second post down Criminal Negligence andKatrina:

Comments from Landrieu before the stephanopoulos interview.

Hughes for America - American Genocide

Huffington - (a ways down the page) Mothers for Answers, A Call to Arts

Our Hell in High Water (James Nolan, a poet and writer, teaches at the Loyola Writing Institute of Loyola University in New Orleans.)

How other people can (not necessarily always do) handle similar disasters:

600,000 flee as Typhoon Talim Hits China

The Two Americas

Keep up the good work, Beloved Cherie!

I hope all is well with you.
All my love,
Maman

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A fantastic blog. Keep it up. This may be of interest to you; how to buy & sell discount auto part on interest free credit; pay whenever you want.

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home