Sunday, November 25, 2007

blog update




We have been on a long hiatus. We shall not go deeply into how we saw the strange lights and were asked aboard. Nor shall we go into the probe and the messages from afar. We shall only say we are back.

When we returned to this land we found Malibu still burning, the dollar still dropping and we picked ourselves up and dusted ourselves off to prepare for yet another version of "How To Pay Your Bills Without Actually Trying."

We have discovered some things that do not pay: sitting at home watching TV, reading books or creating Genealogical websites. Shocking to be sure but truely we have become an expert on "Lack of Lucre."

We have also found, as did the recent Bachelor, that reality TV isn't quite what it is cracked up to be. And so it goes.

Goodbye Norman Mailer ... did you go out with two others? We didn't notice.

All that is left to do on this Sunday after Thanksgiving is to unpop the top button of the Levi's, grab the remote and curse football.

Ahhh ... blogging is not what it used to be. Which is why we have kept silent.
More when and if anything ever interests us ever again. Bon ennui.

6 Comments:

Blogger Richard Naviasky said...

Don't lay down your typing fingers, write the story of your life. Less interesting stories have been bestsellers, and you know that's true.

9:32 AM  
Blogger Queenies Daughter said...

NAV!
You are a prince among men!! Have you expatriated??? Send me your 411!!!!

10:12 AM  
Blogger Richard Naviasky said...

I wish I had the balls to expatriate... but not until I retire. (How can I turn down half-pay pension money for life?... 13 years to go!)

I'll e-mail you some 411.

10:23 AM  
Blogger Queenies Daughter said...

You are a wise man:) You know my email - its the old yahoo one. I cannot find your blog? How are the Adventures coming?

10:27 AM  
Blogger Richard Naviasky said...

I lifted my blog when I started cheating by revising (revising a journal is cheating... but I think was making for a better read)...

Wait... I'm not sure if we're talking about the same blog. I had put my Atlantic Sailboat journal onto a blog... then I decided it might make a good book and decided to revise it... but you might be talking about the other blog with my paragraph long stories... including "Stars in the Night Sky"... I haven't been posting much at all but there might be an easily accessible archive... www.willisbros.net/blog

The Adventures... Aaah... You shame me! I haven't worked on them in a couple years... One day maybe I'll get off my lazy writing ass and finish the dang thing. I was halfway through Book 3... the finale... but wasn't sure I was happy with the too many character lines I had developed. So, like an asshole, I stopped.

10:45 AM  
Blogger Richard Naviasky said...

http://www.willisbros.net/blog/author/nav/

That'll get the archive

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home