Thursday, March 02, 2006

Sinking Feeling on Katrina

This CBS article is well worth the click.
Here are the highlights.

"I'm glad it's coming out because, despite the media reports and the
general public perception that I was a dummy, that I didn’t know what I was
doing, I knew exactly what I was doing," [Michael] Brown told CBS Washington,
D.C., affiliate WUSA in an interview.

Mr. Bush, who participated in the call from his ranch in Texas, didn't ask
a single question during the final briefing before Katrina struck on Aug. 29,
but he assured soon-to-be-battered state officials: "We are fully prepared."

"I have kind a sinking feeling in my gut right now," [New Orleans Mayor
Ray] Nagin said. "I was listening to what people were saying, they didn't know,
so therefore it was an issue of a learning curve. You know, from this tape it
looks like everybody was fully aware."


Now - for all of you naysayers who think that the idea that the government intentionally blew the levees is nonsense, we ask you this: If you intentionally do not take measures to prevent the certain breech of the levee system, isn't that criminal negligence the same as intentional destruction?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home