Monday, January 29, 2007

WHERE'S THE BEAR, DUDE?

Yo Mr. QD,

A few minutes ago I get a loud knock on my door. Who is it? My sister, a friend? An annoying weirdo??

You got it, door number three, the wacko lady from Hells kitchen. I opened the door to find an elderly lady all wrapped up in scarves and a big fake fur coat, at first I thought it was X but she was bigger and older. She inquired about the BEAR and its whereabouts as she plowed into my studio to take refuge from the cold. When I closed the door I instinctively knew I was in for it. Once again, cornered by someone with problems, dying for company. As I small talked about you, this lady, XXXXX XXXX of XXX 9th Avenue, seemed almost incensed that the BIG BEAR was no longer in the window. She went on to describe her blissful moments when she would walk by with her dog and view the Big Bear. As she described these precious moments she began sobbing and possible looking for a hug or something. She explained that her dog had recently died. I tried to muster up some sympathy but was too busy thinking how to be rid of her. Finally I gave her one of your cards and told her to write her address so YOU can put her on your mailing list. She might be some rich eccentric lady, or maybe not. Your Bear for her was sublime, and had the effect of some kind of bond between her and her dog. I think the dog probably got all excited when viewing Bear and she saw this as something they both shared and appreciated.

From B

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't understand this at all.
However, here's a bear-related link:
http://www.vidmax.com/index.php/videos/view/464

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home