Saturday, November 01, 2008

November 1, 2008



Last night I may have witnessed the setting of the world record for most people dancing to "Thriller" together. I was on a roof looking down on the Halloween Parade in NYC. I was supposed to be walking in that parade, as puppeteer weilding a bat (sonar not aluminum.) But after the "it's not manditory" bake off at work, the whole finding of the dead father and meeting his widow and a general over subscription to taking on responsibilites that are not mine as well as those that are undeniably mine, I was tired.

So I stood watching a parade from a rooftop drinking red bull when what I really wanted was merlot. I drank 4 red bulls and then the taurine set in and I started leaking what felt like cat piss from my eyes and sweating so bad we had to get the hell out fast and head back to the Hook.

I was home in time for the end of the 10 oclock news. Shockingly, no mention was made of the "Thriller" record setting. Not on FOX or MY9 or any other local channel.

All of this is to say 2 things. 1. What I consider to be wildly important goes by basically unrecorded by most of the rest of mankind and 2. Despite my overdeveloped sense of responsibility, the parade certainly went on just fine without me.

What a relief!

Ed. Note: What I witnessed was not even close to the world record of "Thriller" dancers which leads me to believe that life is far better when facts are left unchecked. What I did witness was the World Record of the Most People Queenie's Daughter ever saw Dancing to "Thriller" together which is, in point of fact, good enough for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home