Monday, November 07, 2005

Found on NOLA Post

Reflection
by Courouge


From a distance I watched as Katrina blew through,
Evacuated just like they said we should do.
From afar I could tell that things were not good,
As water went roaring through my neighborhood.
Seven feet, eight feet, nine feet then ten,
It rose up so quickly that many were penned,
Some did not make it and died there and then,
Without ever having to face rain and wind.
A hurricane rating of Category 5,
It’s a wonder that any at all survived!
Yet people are stronger than most of them know,
Surviving the worst even nature can throw.
The storm’s naked power destroyed my hometown.
Wind, rain and water knocked everything down.
Anything left is at best just debris,
And all that I ask is for someone to help me.
Why does it take so long to be heard?
Does anyone care since I’m not a bird?
If I was endangered and I had a tail,
I could get help from all over the world!
Since I don’t climb trees or bark or lay eggs,
Or walk on all four instead of two legs,
I cannot expect anyone to come to my aid,
Unless they can invoice me and expect to get paid.
Well, the cupboard is bare and the well has run dry,
Nothing is left, so I stand here and sigh,
Trying my best not to break down and cry.
I wonder if anyone cares if I die?

QD says: Life is not back to normal for so many ... what courage Courouge has!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heartbreaking. Brownies $148,000 salary could be put to much better use!

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home